As a Personal Trainer Tom is always looking for fun ways to get people moving. One of these is SkyBall. It is kind of like ultimate frisbee combined with soccer.
- A team will have 3-6 players on the field at 1 time
- Ball can be held for no more than 5 seconds then ball is turned over to other team
- When in possession of the ball, player may advance the ball on foot with 3 steps ONLY
- If at anytime the ball touches the ground, possession changes to other team. Intercepting team gets the ball where it lands.
- NO contact with another player
- No tackling, pushing, grabbing, or slapping of the ball
- Penalty of 1 minute per violation, 3 penalties out of game
- When 2 or more players have held of the ball (more of 2 sec) at the same time A jump ball is played – ref. toss into air – ball is batted to opponent
- When possession is taken by the other team at the goal line Ball must be passed to a team member and passed again before a score is made.
- Any ball that goes out-of-bounds is to be put into play at nearest line
- Ball must travel through FRONT of goal cones, either by passing or by someone traveling 3 steps.
- Goal cones are placed at 6’ for 50 yds and smaller or 8’ for larger than 50 yds
This game is a lot of fun and a great way to get some aerobic exercise. All levels of fitness can play this game.